Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Beach Dress

I found a border print black fabric at Hancock fabrics recently and it was a 2 yard remnant. In my vocab that means "cheap". They always mark their remnants to 2.99 a yard, even if they were much more expensive on the bolts. I have never worked with border prints before so this took a little figuring. I decided to make a long dress that I could wear at the beach over my suit or by itself. All I did was create a tube with the serger and add an elastic casing. I am playing around with straps now on Shirley. I like the straps meeting at the back and then forming a short knotted bow. I will keep playing for a while before I commit to anything. Any suggestions on how to make this simple dress have a little more flair??? It is a lightweight slick material that should dry very quickly if I wear it over a wet suit. I thought the black wouldn't be quite as obvious if it was wet. I really like the print though. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment