Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Monday, February 28, 2011

McCall's 6100

We have two cute little sisters at church and I decided quite a while ago that I wanted to make them a little outfit. Hancock Fabrics had their McCalls patterns on sale 5 for $5 this weekend so I bought 6100. It is super simple and so fast. I have finished 1 minus the hem (waiting to try it on her). I plan on cutting the second and sewing tonight or tomorrow. I want to do a couple more of these with the tiers. This is some of the material I bought at Walmart (5 yards for $5), so it is cheap, but it should definitely hold up for spring and summer. The girls grow so fast that they won't be able to wear them long. This fabric is super soft, so it will feel nice when the weather gets warmer. It has a lined bodice and an unlined skirt. I did a little topstitching along the top of the bodice to keep it from rolling. I hand stitched the lining in. You can do the simple straps or make longer tie straps. Altogether I only spent $3 to make 2 dresses. What a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment