Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Friday, February 25, 2011

Crewel Embroidery

My daughter is taking a needlework class through 4H in addition to sewing. The first class was to be held Wednesday, but her teacher was stuck in another city with car trouble. We are to makeup the class this coming Thursday I believe. I am looking forward to learning yet another stitching skill. I have already seen the sampler pillow they will be doing and I found a couple of web shots that are similar patterns. They will be using a lovely green wool on a cream background. I found one of the images at http://www.woolandhoop.com/ which has the cutest little crewel project for a spring/summer skirt. The other two photos were borrowed from Flickr pools (sarachung & rickies). They did a lovely job on their pillow tops. The other photo I stuck in here is one with sashiko embroidery like I have been doing but with different colors of crewel wool-Awesome! Can't wait to start!

1 comment:

  1. This will be beautiful! I LOVE the top pillow and would like to make those for my basement in blue and brown tones. Wish I had more time!

    ReplyDelete