Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Friday, December 3, 2010

Blueberries!

I love blueberry muffins, blueberry pancakes and blueberry jello salad. They are so good for you and they freeze so well. I have 6 blueberry bushes in my yard, but they really aren't producing yet. They are only a year old. I buy frozen unsweetened blueberries and thaw them a little at a time to add to pancakes and muffins. I love this blueberry salad though because it is light and fresh. It will serve a crowd and it is like dessert without all the guilt. Well I am going to keep telling myself that! Here is the recipe:
1 can blueberry pie pie filling
2 small boxes of grape jello
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups boiling water
Mix jello with water, then add pineapple and pie filling and place in a 13X9 pan. Refrigerate until set.
Topping:
1-8oz block cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
Blend with eletric mixer and spread on top of jello salad. Top with fresh blueberries, crushed pecans or walnuts. Share salad if desired-heehee

No comments:

Post a Comment