Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Chicken with a twist

I have been trying to find slow cooker recipes for a class we are hosting at our local crisis pregnancy center next week. I have come up with quite a few and have started cooking them for my family to "test" them out, but last night I baked this chicken in the oven. I used a 3 qt baking dish, but you could use a 13X9 pan just as easily. Spray the pan and then lay 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts in the bottom. I then put Havarti cheese on the top of each breast. I love Havarti! So creamy and smooth-yum! I then mixed a can of cream of chicken with roasted garlic and mushroom soup with 1/2 cup white wine. Pour this over the chicken. Then take some crushed stuffing mix-I use Pepperidge Farms. Sprinkle 1 cup over the top of the soup mix and then pour 4 Tbsp of melted butter over the top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. I only had cubed stuffing and did not put it through my food processor. It would be better if it had truly been crushed. Pretty tasty chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment