Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Friday, December 10, 2010

Knitting progress

I am still working on my Martha Stewart neck scarf.  I really haven't taught myself anything but knitting and purling, so this increase and decrease thing is quite new. Shaping scares me a bit. I did learn how to use a cable needle for my scarf, but this process is a little different.  I am at the end of making the little hole for the end of the scarf to slide through.  This yarn is way too bulky, so it is making the knitting a bit difficult.  I can see why they said sport weight.  Hopefully it will still be a wearable project. 
On another note, I have made a little progress on my straight knit stitch Fishermans wool scarf.  I call this my car project.  I leave it in there and anytime I have a few minutes or 30 while I am waiting on a child to be done with something-(choir, Bible study, school, etc) I knit a few rows.  One day it will be finished and every time I wear it I can think back to all the activities I knit into it.  My kids are growing too fast. My son will be driving at the end of this month and my oldest now has her driving privileges back after a 3 month doctor imposed "no drive" period. I will not be the taxi service for much longer. 


I am still waiting to receive my merino silk yarn for my cowl. Hopefully I can work on that over Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great! I actually saved that neck scarf project to do one day! Great minds think alike...
    Still LOVE your knitting on your FWScarf. It is so even and neat. Keep on...
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete