Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Friday, December 10, 2010

Cheesecake Tips

photo from dairyfoods
I am baking a couple of cheesecakes tomorrow for a friend's wedding reception.  I love my simple recipe from Southern Living, but I many times have cracks that form on the top of my cheesecake either during baking or as it is cooling. I went in search of info today in order to stop those unsightly cracks and found some great info at this website.  I didn't know about the eggs trapping air in the cheesecake.  My recipe calls for a 350 oven for 40 minutes and then a 30 minute time after the oven is off.  I might try the 325 for 45 and an hour in the oven after it is turned off. I love the flavor and texture of the cheesecake-just not the cracks! My cheesecakes have a texture like the photo above (light, airy, smooth & creamy). I just want the top to look like that! Will let you know if it helps. Not sure about the water bath. Will try it if the other suggestions don't work. I will post pics and the recipe tomorrow. Happy baking.

1 comment:

  1. Don't over beat the eggs... and don't over cook. Remember there is carryover heat that continues to bake it in the pan once you remove it. I usually don't bake full time to prevent cracks -- by just a few minutes.

    I'll have to share with you may famous turtle pecan cheesecake recipe!
    Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete