Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Friday, December 17, 2010

A Whole lotta Makin' Goin' On

I have felt somewhat unproductive as of late, but yesterday was a good day! I think when I sit and knit my progress seems so slow that I feel lazy.  I am moving along on my Martha Stewart neck scarf. Hope fully I can finish it this week. I successfully knitted the loop for the end to slide through-Hoorah! Now I am on the 15 inch long span of just knit, so it is going a little faster.

I also serged and sewed Simplicity 2411 yesterday.  This is a pretty lightweight denim and it was very easy to work with.  I also bought some Coats & Clark jean thread for topstitching.  It looks really nice and adds nice detail to the skirt. This went together super easy except for the zipper side.  I somehow ended up messing that part up a bit and had to take one side out to correct it, but that wasn't too bad. She likes the skirt and is looking forward to wearing it-that works for me!


I also serged up some camo pillow cases as a gift and just need to finish the cuffs on those today. I was surprised at how soft this cotton is. The serger was so fast for these.

Today I am going to try and cut out another Simplicity 2411 in a black and white herring bone knit.  It is pretty heavy without a lot of stretch.  It is also baking day! We are having a Christmas dinner at church on Sunday and we are having a cookie exchange for dessert.  We are supposed to bring atleast 3 dozen cookies.  1 dozen will be put out to eat and the other 2 will be used for the exchange.  I have several types of cookies to bake today, including a new recipe my youngest daughter found for porcelain cookies.  They are really pretty! I have to get the cookies done today because I have to bake a ham and a turkey for the Christmas dinner tomorrow. We also have a homeschool choir concert at our local mall and a wedding shower to attend.  Isn't it amazing how busy the holidays seem to get.  This is my only really busy weekend for the season and I am looking forward to it.  Hope you and yours are having a wonderful time planning, baking, wrapping, singing and so on during this Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment