Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Friday, December 17, 2010

Graham Cracker Cookies

These are similar to Hello Dolly bars, but a little less gooey.  I wanted to bake some cookies for the exchange that are easy to pack and will hold up well for those who take them home.

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I made my own today from graham crackers I had in my pantry)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
Combine these 3 ingredients in small bowl. Set aside
1-14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup softened butter or margarine (I used butter)
Beat these two together until smooth. Add 1 tsp. vanilla extract and stir to combine. Add crumb mixture and stir until smooth. Add 2 cups chocolate chips, 1 cup flaked coconut and 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (I used pecans). Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 oven until lightly browned-in my oven that was 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and then move to a wire rack and cool completely.
Have some pics, but blogger is having some problems with uploading. Hope to add them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment