Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Thursday, March 17, 2011

Coaster trial run

At our next women's gathering for church we are making natural stone coaster sets. I found 9 packs of 4X4 tiles at Home Depot for 3.97 I think. I am sure Lowes probably has them too. I have done some reading on these and I think everybody agrees that if you are going to stamp designs on them use StazOn ink pads. This is a permanent quick drying, waterproof ink. The colors are very vivid. I only have a blue and green so far. They are really dark. You can use other inks (I used Memento dewdrops)if you are going to seal these coasters with a clear coat. If you spray them with clear coat, they lose their natural absorbent quality. I also have some Black India Ink that is waterproof and permanent that I used to outline several items and write a few words. I don't think I like any of these! I am definitely glad I am practicing at home first. I want to give sets of four to relatives at Christmas. It really isn't that expensive to do, so I want to find 4 designs that go together and look nice enough to present as gifts. I guess all these bad ones will hang out at my house for personal use. I also bought some clearance pressed flowers at Michaels that I think I might try to decoupage on some and then seal with clear coat. It is fun trying, but I wish I had better results!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment