I was intrigued by Grosgrain's post last night-Ricrac Roses. I ended up going to the website she had posted which is http://nostalgicneedleart.blogspot.com/2007/08/rick-rack-roses.html. They have a simple tutorial to follow and some great information on ricrac. I had just about the right length of some smaller pink polyester ricrac, so I tried it out. I found that it is difficult to keep the polyester type from kinking on you as you weave it. I decided to pin it down to my ironing board as I went. The only other negative I am experiencing is rolling it tight enough to make it look right. I think the big difference is COTTON. I just think it would lay nicer. This is the small ricrac I am using and the finished rose is about 1 inch across. I will take some more pics once I get it sewn and looking right.