Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Monday, March 28, 2011

My own little fabric necklace

I tried the tutorial today that I posted on my blog about a week ago from Tilly and the Buttons. I also spent a little time looking at a few other tutorials, but hers was by far the easiest. Many wanted you to make inividual circles that you run a gathering stitch around and pull once you put the styrofoam ball in. Another had you make long bias strips. This is pretty simple. I made my strip 3 3/4 inches wide just like Tilly because I used the 1 inch foam. I measured where I wanted the necklace to hit and that was 24 inches. I doubled to 48 and added 4 more inches just like she said. I pressed it in half with right sides together and stitched about 1/2 inch in. Then I tied the knot about 3-4 inches from the end and started pushing the foam in-(this is the hardest part in my opinion). I tied knots after every ball and then finally knotted the material. I decided to tie a ribbon where I ended the necklace. This was easy and fast and will be fun for spring and summer outfits. For less than $2.50 you can't beat it!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I love the dainty fabric and the ribbon. Glad the tutorial worked - phew!

    ReplyDelete