Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Sewing Book

I participated in Tasia's survey over at Sewaholic and I think someone referenced this book in response to a question. Tasia asked what resource you use most if you have sewing questions. Most said the internet, but next in line was some "book" that they referenced. One of them said for a beginner The Sewing Book by Allison Smith was their favorite. I have several sewing books, but none of them are quite like this one. I got it in the mail yesterday. I purchased it from http://www.half.com/ for well below the list price and in like new condition-Yes! I love it! It has all color pictures and the sections are divided nicely and you can find all kinds of info. She has a section on all the different types of fabric and what type of thread and needle to use. She shows you how the fabric is woven and tells you whether or not to use a normal or nap layout and why. It is very helpful and I haven't even made it past the first 3 sections. I hear we are to have rain this weekend, so I am looking forward to a little hot tea and more of this book! We are having gorgeous weather right now, so I have been trying to get outdoor chores done and enjoy the sunshine. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment