Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Thursday, March 10, 2011

Project Runway-not taking off

My daughter just cracks me up! Yesterday I was reading through the instructions on her Project Runway dress pattern for sewing class and asked her if she had cut pieces of interfacing for the armhole and neckband facings. "What? No, I don't think so. I think this pattern may be a little too much and it doesn't even have real buttonholes and that is the skill I have to include this year." So off we go surfing the internet for a more simple project that does include REAL buttonholes. There really aren't that many! And definitely not many she thought were "cute" enough to make. Then she starts with, "I don't think I'll take sewing next year. Maybe I'll try something else." She does this every year. The project is fun and exciting and then it looks overwhelming. I get that way a lot too. I sometimes bite off more than I can chew. It is good practice though and that is how we get better. I did take her to Hancock's yesterday and she picked out the above Kwik Sew pattern and some lightweight denim for the short jacket. I decided this morning to try and tackle some basics on this other pattern since we already bought the linen and cut it out. I thought if she saw it on Shirley, it might not look so daunting and she would return to her original project. It will be a cute spring/summer dress. We are such funny, fickled people! Sewing class is Friday night, so she will have to iron her fabric, cut out the pattern pieces, the fabric pieces and serge them all today.

No comments:

Post a Comment