Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Thursday, March 3, 2011

Scrapbook baby shower

Don't get me wrong- I do like traditional baby showers, but I just feel better leaving one that has accomplished some greater purpose. I know many of you like the games, but I love having the guests make a scrapbook for the new baby. Tonight the ladies of our church are meeting-which we do monthly in order to learn a new craft, skill, etc.-and we are making 2 scrapbooks for new moms. Each woman/girl will make several pages for each book. Now the ultimate way to do this is to have the mom there in order to pick papers she would like included in her book. Neither one of the moms will be there tonight, so we are freebirds-WooHoo! You don't want the book to look haphazard, so you do need to try and coordinate papers and try not to repeat themes (all bath pages for instance). I have a wealth of scrapbook supplies and many of the other ladies have little stashes that they are bringing too. I gathered 8X8 papers and ribbons, clear acrylic stamps & inks, brads, staples, and many other baby embellsihments. I found 2 cute 8X8 albums at Tuesday morning for only $5 each. It will be a lot of fun watching people come up with ideas. It makes for good conversation for an entire group too. Have you ever been to a scrapbook wedding or baby shower? If so, give me some details....
I will post some pics tomorrow of our finished products!

No comments:

Post a Comment