Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Thursday, March 3, 2011

Finished baby lap quilt

Even though the new mom won't make it to the shower/scrapbook party we have planned for this evening, I did manage to finish the tiny baby quilt to go with her little hoot owl. This is the first time I have worked with blanket binding. I watched several videos and there are obviously 2 ways to do it and I think I chose the more simple way, but I don't really like the results. I don't like the way the corners turned out-not nearly crisp enough for me. On the larger quilt I am making out of the same blocks for my sister in law, I will sew the edge of the blanket binding on with right sides together and then pull it around to enclose or sandwich the quilt. I think it will look better and I can get nice crisp corners. This is cute enough for a mini quilt though. It would be great to carry along if she needs a diaper changing mat. I used wool batting in between and super soft light baby blue cotton on the back. I love the cotton and I am probably going to try to get enough to use on the back of the other one in place of the fleece (to bulky). I like the way the quilting shows up on the cotton. I also discovered that I will need to drop my feed dogs or get a walking foot for this machine. I did use a decorative stitch on the binding and I really like the added touch. I will do that on the other quilt too.

No comments:

Post a Comment