Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Thursday, March 31, 2011

Aloha-Yummy!

I made some Aloha bread this morning. I found a basic recipe in one of my cook books, but I added/changed several things to jazz up this bread. It is moist and scrumptious! Now if only I were eating it in Hawaii.
Combine 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour, 1 tsp soda and 1/2 tsp salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
Cream 1/2 cup butter. Gradually add 1 cup granulated sugar, creaming well. Add 2 eggs-one at a time. Add 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas. (I used 5 of the small ones). Add 1/8 cup half and half, 1 tsp vanilla and just a smidge of rum extract. (You could also use almond). Add 1 cup shredded coconut, 3/4 cup chopped pecans and one small can of crushed pineapple drained. Then gradually add your flour mixture. Combine well and then pour into loaf pans. I love my Martha Stewart mini loaf pan! They cook in 30 minutes and they are the perfect size. You could also use ramekins-like the one in the picture. (I had a little leftover batter). I think this would make one large loaf or 2 smaller ones in regular bread pans. Bake at 350. Regular loaf pans for 60-70 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment